Options, Resources, Support through Progressive Illness
WE CAN HELP YOU THROUGH A DIFFICULT TIME
Coping with a progressive illness – whether it is your own or someone you care for – can seem overwhelming. There are so many changes taking place. So many complex medical options to consider. So many community services you may not even realize you’re entitled to.
Transitions offers a support system to help you both during and after the complication of medical treatments. When you call Transitions, our coordinator will help you determine what Samaritan services, volunteer services, and other community resources would be most helpful to you and your family.
SERVICES CAN INCLUDE:
- Telephone “check-ins”
- Volunteer services for companionship, errands, etc.
- Help in understanding diagnosis, medical options, and community resources
- Help in communicating changes in an individual’s condition with his/her chosen physician(s)
- Explanation of other Samaritan programs to which clients and/or families may be entitled
Our staff has developed links with a broad variety of community resources such as:
- Home health services
- Palliative Medical Partners
- Hospice care
- Meal delivery services
- Adult day care centers
- Medical equipment suppliers
- Transportation service providers
- Legal service providers
- Respite care services
- Emergency response system suppliers
Get more information on our Transitions Program by filling out the form below: