Who is eligible for Samaritan hospice care?
Samaritan Healthcare & Hospice care is open to people of all age groups, including children, who live within Atlantic, Burlington, Camden, Gloucester or Mercer counties and meet the following eligibility criteria:
- The patient has a serious and progressive illness*
- The patient is no longer receiving aggressive care to cure his/her disease or unnaturally postpone death
- The patient has received a prognosis of six months or less – if, in a doctor's best judgment, the disease follows its normal course
- The prognosis is certified by the patient's personal physician and Samaritan's Medical Director
- The patient and family/caregivers understand, agree with, and accept the Hospice concept and method of care
- For Medicare beneficiary patients: They are covered by Medicare Part A
*Samaritan's goal is to care for you and your family if you have a life-limiting illness and are seeking comfort care. The type of life-limiting illness does not matter.