About Samaritan Hospice: south jersey's leading hospice
It all starts with a call for help.
Sometimes the call comes from a patient or family member; often it is from a trusted physician, hospital case manager, or staff at an assisted living or nursing home community. At any hour of the day or night, Samaritan honors the urgency of the request with a speedy response by knowledgeable and compassionate staff.
Why? Because the challenges of aging, serious illness, and grief do not discriminate. At some point, they will affect each of us personally, or touch someone we love.
As a not-for-profit organization, Samaritan was founded to serve. Please call on us! Allow our compassionate professionals and volunteers to meet your needs with comforting reassurance and expert care.
Mary Ann Boccolini
FACTS about Samaritan
- Founded in 1980 by grassroots volunteers in Moorestown, NJ
- South Jersey's first and largest hospice organization
- Not-for-profit and non-sectarian
- Independent and community-based in southern New Jersey
- Voluntarily accredited by Joint Commission - considered highest standard of quality oversight in healthcare
- Highest 4-star status in We Honor Veterans program
- Licensed by the State of New Jersey
- Certified by Medicare and Medicaid
- 310 employees include full-time medical director, 6 full-time hospice and palliative physicians, 2 nurse practitioners, hospice/palliative fellow,
and certified wound care specialist
- 100% of home health aides certified in Pressure Ulcer (bed sore) Prevention Program
“ ... [Samaritan] calmed our fears and allowed us to come together
as a family to honor the moment.”
- Excerpt from a family letter