palliative medical partners
Mackenzie Juckett, my NP visits me monthly
and could not be any nicer to me.
She is so kind, caring, and professional.
She makes me feel safe while going
through my cancer treatments.
Samaritan Palliative Medical Partners is a physician medical practice created to help you and your family achieve the best quality of life throughout the course of your illness ─ even while you are receiving curative or life-prolonging treatments.
A physician and advanced practice nurse, both board certified in hospice and palliative medicine, provide consultations and follow-up visits as needed in your home, assisted living residence or the hospital. Our team works to increase your daily comfort levels and your ability to tolerate treatments.
Palliative Medical Partners can help reduce crisis situations
and unnecessary trips to the ER.
Samaritan partnered with Kennedy Health, Lourdes Health System, Virtua, and St. John of God
Kennedy, Lourdes, Virtua, and Saint John of God Community Services have named Samaritan as their preferred provider of palliative care for their patients. Ongoing discussions continue with other regional health systems, long-term care facilities, and healthcare practices.
Samaritan wants to help relieve the effects of serious illness or treatments such as pain, shortness of breath, fatigue, nausea, loss of appetite, anxiety, and/or difficulty sleeping
• To work with, not replace, your physician’s treatment plan
• To help you and your family understand your condition
and the choices open to you every step of the way
• To provide relief from your pain and symptoms so you have more strength to tolerate treatments
• To help increase your energy level so you can enjoy doing what's most important to you
• Comfort care consultations and follow-up visits by our clinical team
• Assessment and treatment plan recommendations
• Support for medical decision-making
• Consultations in office, hospital, long-term care facilities
• Consulation with your physician(s)
- Covered by Medicare, Medicaid, and most commerical insurers
with applicable co-payments and deductables
- Living with any type of serious illness
- Undergoing curative or life-prolonging treatments
- Coping with uncontrolled pain and/or symptoms
- Need increased help with dressing, eating, bathing, etc
- Being hospitalized frequently or making multiple trips to the ER
- Homebound and unable to travel to doctor's office for issues related to serious illness
- Board certified palliative physicians
- Board certified palliative-trained nurse practitioners